MacIntyre's Mission is to be recommended and respected for offering the best choice, providing best value and employing the best people in support of children and adults with learning disabilities.
Our Principles of Service have evolved from consultation with people who use our services and staff, and embody the values of the organisation.
We make the following 'Commitment' to all people receiving support:
- You will be at the centre of your individual service.
- You will be treated respectfully at all times.
- We will support you to communicate with us in a way of your personal choosing.
- We will think about our work and continuously check with you that you are satisfied.
- You will be supported to take as much control of your life as you wish.
- If you are not happy with anything, we will listen to you and we will take action to put it right.
The Challenge: How do we ensure that each 'Commitment' is understood and made 'real' from an individual perspective?
We show our commitment by the way we think about our work, our attitudes and behaviour. These have a direct impact on the people using our services. It is not enough to know and understand our commitments; all staff must be able to demonstrate our understanding continuously through the way that we work.
Understanding of our 'Commitments' are checked:
- During job interviews.
- As part of staff learning and development programmes.
- Through support and supervision.
- Through the observation of our work.
- By audits on services carried out by people who use MacIntyre services.
In addition, it is the responsibility of our staff team to find the best way to communicate these challenges to each person we support.